ABS-MAS Financial World | Finance-as-a-Service: API PlayBook
The "Financial World: Finance-As-A-Service API PlayBook" developed in consultation with the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) provides guidance to financial institutions, FinTech players and other interested entities in developing and adopting open Application Programming Interface (API) based system architecture.
ASEAN Banker’s Association (ABA) Workshop: Blockchain - Application (26 April 2017)
This workshop hosted by PERBANAS and organised by The Association of Banks in Singapore, provided the much needed holistic view of the Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology. Blockchain experts, Bankers, Consultants and Regulators shared their eclectic experience in the implementation of the technology.
The objectives of this workshop were:
(1) To share on how Blockchain and Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) can benefit business.
(2) To help Financial Institutions (FIs) in ASEAN understand how this “new” technology affects their business model and its role in how banks and FIs can implement solutions for its customers
(3) To demystify the myths and complications by covering the basics of the technology and dive deeper into what it means for the future.
ASEAN Banker’s Association (ABA) Digital Forum (6-7 Mar 2017)
The ABA Digital Forum, hosted by the Thai Banker’s Association and organised by The Association of Banks in Singapore, brought together member banks from the ASEAN, FinTechs and Solution Providers to discuss on achieving a digitally connected FinTech ecosystem among the ASEAN countries.
This content in this two-day Digital Forum was structured to focus on the four core building blocks
(1) Open Architecture and APIs (curated by Deloitte)
(2) Digital ID and eKYC (curated by EY)
(3) Cloud Services (curated by KPMG)
(4) Cyber Security and FinTech Governance (curated by PwC)
2016 MAS-ABS Financial World API Conference: Post Event E-Book
The Association of Banks in Singapore (ABS) and the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) held a two-day API conference on 29-30 March 2016. A distinguished line-up of global speakers shared information and best practices for the implementation of APIs in financial institutions and organisations. ABS and MAS have published an e-book to share these best practices.